Quatloos!

Quatloos!

RSS: Quatloos!  | XML

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Oh No! I "Libeled" an Anarchist!

Image credit: http://replycandy.com 

The Israeli anarchist I have mentioned a few posts ago, Eyal Lior, is really angry. He writes, on the preview of his Internet radio show ("the only show dedicated to freedom", link in Hebrew but you can go from there to the English part of his web site), that I wrote a "hate letter" about him on this blog.

Well, what can he do against my "libel"? Sue me? Nope; that would require using the evil government's court system. Threaten my ISP? With what? With a lawsuit? Same problem. With a customer boycott, say? Not if I am a better customer, or he isn't one. He could, theoretically, bribe them into deleting my account, or hire hitmen to threaten me to stop the libel. But what if I am richer and offer the ISP more money, or can hire better "muscle" than he can hire?

So I don't see why, in Lior's anarchy, with no government, I should give a damn if I libel him or not. All I should care about is to be stronger than him. Then I could libel him with impunity, since, in his anarchy, there is nothing and nobody to stop the rich and powerful from doing what they like, while the poor and weak suffer what they must.

The whole point of having a state at all is, as Hobbes points out, that it is far better to suffer even tyranny from one person, the sovereign - let alone suffer the annoyances or bureaucracy of a modern democracy - than to be contantly at the mercy of anybody and everybody who happens to be stronger. Gee, perhaps there's something to this whole "state" thingy after all.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At July 8, 2018 at 9:19 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Since there is no time confine on paying back the credit, the viable yearly rate diminishes as the installments are reached out after some time, personal check cashing san diego

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Recent Discussions



Discussions Forums

 

 
Previous Posts

Tony-the-Wonder-Llama
Have a question for Quatloos?
Ask
Tony-the-Wonder-Llama

 Report A Fraud


 

Ye Old Quatloos!       |       Quatloos Version 2.05

© 2002- by Quatloosia Publishing LLC. All rights reserved. No portion of this website may be reprinted in whole or in part without the express, written permission of Quatloosia Publishing LLC. This site is http://www.quatloos.com. Legal issues should be faxed to (877) 698-0678. Our attorneys are Grobaty & Pitet LLP (http://grobatypitet.com) and Riser Adkisson LLP (http://risad.com).

Management of Pay Per Click

 

Web Development by John Barrick